We are excited to announce that the 3d edition of Attached at the Heart is coming soon from Praeclarus Press! Stay tuned!
Updated with a lot of new information and research, the second edition of Attached at the Heart offers readers research-based information and practical parenting advice for the modern age. In its most basic form, “attachment parenting” is instinctive. A crying baby is comforted and kept close to parents for protections. If hungry, he or she is fed. And while it is understood that there is no such thing as perfect parenting, research suggests that there is a strong correlation between a heightened sense of respect, empathy and affection in those children raised the “attachment parenting” way.
In this controversial book, readers will gain much needed insight into childrearing while learning to trust the intuitive knowledge of their child, ultimately building a strong foundation that will strengthen the parent-child bond.
Using the Eight Principles of Parenting, readers will learn:
- Critical information every new parent should know beginning in pregnancy
- How to prepare for Baby before birth
- Why breastfeeding is a must for busy moms
- When to start feeding solid food
- How to respond to temper tantrums
- Sleep Safety guidelines and the benefits of cosleeping
- Tips for short separations
- How to practice positive discipline and its rewards
- Tips for maintaining balance
- The benefits of using a baby sling and implementing infant massage
- Tips on dealing with criticism
- The dangers surrounding traditional discipline styles of parenting
Strategies for implementing the Eight Principles have increasingly been validated by research in many fields of study, such as child development, psychology, and neuroscience. Also known as “conscious parenting,” “natural parenting,” “compassionate parenting,” or “empathic parenting,” the goal of attachment parenting is to stimulate optimal child development and the humane treatment of children.